- Corn Meal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
- Green Chilies - 2 (chopped)
- Mixed Vegetables (chopped) - 1 cup(Mostly Carrots,Beans,Peas,Soybeans,Capsicum, and Corn)
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - handful
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Ghee/ Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
1. Heat the oil in a kadai. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. When the mustard seeds have all popped, add the chopped onions and green chilies.
3. Saute till the onions have sweated out. The onions should hot turn brown.
4. Add the mixed vegetables and saute for a minute. Put a lid for the kadai and let the vegetables cook in its own steam for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add the water, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt. Cover again and let the water boil.
6. Now slowly mix in the cornmeal with constant stirring.
7. Reduce the flame to low and cover with a lid. Let it cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes till all the moisture is absorbed and the cornmeal is cooked.
8. Now open the lid and add the cilantro. You can also add some chopped nuts to give a crunch.
9. Gently fluff it up with a fork and switch off.
10. Cover again with the lid and let it rest for 2 minutes before serving.
11.Serve with Curd or Chutney.